Pricing begins at $2,199 for the base model with the Retina display, a 2.3GHz quad-core Ivy Bridge i7, 8GB of RAM, a NVidia GeForce GT 650M 1GB graphics card, and 256GB of flash storage. The Next Generation MacBook Pro begins shipping today. Retina display; 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2880-by-1800 resolution at 220 pixels per inch.
Other notes from WWDC 2012 include:
- New Maps app with Turn-by-Turn Navigation, Real-Time Traffic, 3D Maps
- IOS 6 comes with Siri improvements, Facebook integration, Passbook, and the new Maps App
- Mountain Lion will arrive in July for $20 and feature Dictation, iCloud Tabs and Power Nap
- Small improvements in the “old” Macbook Pro and MacBook Air models
- A very minor quiet update to the Mac Pro Line with no Thunderbolt, or USB 3
- Apple also quietly discontinued the MacBook Pro 17-inch
- Introduced the redesigned AirPort Express
I’m surprised we did not see any updates to the iMac line. Maybe they will surprise us this fall.